Saturday, November 10, 2007

Wisdom Served Daily

Psalm 131:1-3 My heart is not proud, O Yahweh, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me. O Israel, put your hope in Yahweh both now and forevermore.

There are times when I spend hours or sometimes even days and weeks wondering about a situation. Not necessarily worrying (although I've had my share of those days too), but just trying to understand a thing, or trying to figure out how it will turn out.

I do the same thing sometimes even in Spiritual matters. I'll read and study and pray and discuss a matter until I'm exhausted (and sometimes even a little confused, overwhelmed with information and even frustrated), before I'll decide to just allow the Spirit which leads us into all truth to do just that. Now, of course, reading and studying and praying and discussing a matter is not a bad thing, but it can often become a solo effort...an effort to understand things by intellect rather than to be revealed in the Spirit. I'm speaking for FreeIndeed right now, so if this isn't your issue, don't trip. ;)

My point is that I endeavor to not become overly concerned with matters that are too lofty or too wonderful for me to yet comprehend, but to wait on Yahweh as a child who has been weaned from its mother's breast. I'm ready to receive heavier food, but have the patience in understanding that, as hungry and as ready as I may be (or think I am), sometimes I have to wait for the proper hour when I will be served. By the same token, Yahweh is not interested in starving me...quite the contrary! But He also doesn't want my appetite spoiled by trying to eat unhealthy snacks before mealtime (entertaining too many conflicting opinions from others on certain subjects). He knows when I'm ready to eat and He knows when the right time comes to give me understanding in a matter, so like that child, I don't wait while wailing away, but I wait in patience and confidence while He prepares my heart and mind to partake. Doesn't mean we can't diligently seek, just that we must be patient as everything is not known at once.

Enjoy what's left of Sabbath all...and be careful not to spoil your appetites, Yahweh is serving great wisdom daily and we will understand all by His will in His time.

~Free



Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: