Sunday, September 9, 2007

7 Days (More on the Sabbath)

I had a thought this morning. Popular teachings claim that Elohim created the world in 6 days and then rested on the 7th, but actually, wasn't the world created in 7 days? I mean, the 7th day is included in the creation account. It is a special day created for man (remember, "the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath"-- Mark 2:27), so instead of learning of it as some archaic law under an old covenant, why aren't we taught that it is a day created, like all the others, but sanctified specifically for rest? It has a special place from the very beginning of the world and still does now.

Yet, another reason why I'm pleased to observe it.

~Free

2 comments:

King's Kid said...

Hello Free,

I concur, also the Sabbath day is representative of the thousand year reign of Christ as Lord of lords and King of kings. It is a time weekly for us to remember and reflect on the promise of God to man. The Lord's Feast days are also. (Lev 23)

Peace to you,

FreeIndeed said...

Yes, indeed!

It's beyond me why so many resist this. I know I was once among them, but as I take such pleasure in its observance now, I truly cannot understand why anyone would not want to remember His Sabbath. Still, I pray that all will receive the revelation of His truth and learn the sweetness of obedience to Him.

Thanks for the comment, King's Kid and congrats to you on your award winning blog! ;)

~Free