Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Yes!

Sometimes I think we really have been dealt an unfair hand. Unfair in our favor, but unfair nonetheless. Think about it. Christ died because of our sins. He died in our stead. We were due the penalty, yet it was heaped upon Him and He took it without protest, without blame, without shame. He took it all and He deserved none of it. Now, all we have to do is believe who He is and accept what He's done for us and we are forgiven. Too easy. And we're so not worthy of it. Yet Our Father sacrificed Him...gave Him for this very purpose. So unfair, but so loving.

When I really think about it. I mean, really, REALLY think about it, sometimes it makes me sad. I know it's not supposed to, but it does.

However, reading scripture this morning, I was reminded that Our Savior did this, not only willingly, but with joy! Amazing. Check it out:

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2)

He knew the entire plan. He knew that the reason He had to endure was so that we could be cleansed, we could be redeemed and we could spend eternity with Him. There was no other way, because left alone, we wouldn't have made it. Try as we may, we fall too short and too often.

It's incredible to think of what He's done for us. It's also incredible to think that Our Father thinks enough of us to sacrifice the one and only Perfect One, just so that we can be with Him forever.

How can we not feel special? How can we not feel loved? How can we not feel grateful when One loves us so deeply as to go to this extreme? Most of all, how can we reject this when all He wants is us to say, "yes" to Him? We don't have to die. We don't have to do anything special...all we have to do is say, "yes".

So even though I feel sad sometimes for what Christ endured for me. Even though I don't feel I was worth His pain and sacrifice, my thoughts turn to why He did it and the joy He experienced despite the physical anguish He endured and then I know, no matter how I feel, that I must have been worth it and that I am truly loved by someone who is capable of loving me beyond my finite comprehension.

Truly amazing...I give all glory and honor to Him...for He loves me sooooooo good!

Hopefully you all know this too and, if you don't, today's a good day to begin to know Him and that knowing begins with a simple word to Him..."YES".

He loves you. He REALLY does!

My hope is that you'll believe Him.

Take care,

~Free